- How do I get a quote?
For larger home removals, please call our office or fill out our Get a Quote Form to arrange a time for us to visit your property. Our surveyor will come and assess the job and provide a detailed fixed price quote. As a result, you won’t get any unexpected bills at the end of your move.
- How much notice do I need to give?
We can, and have, carried out next day home removals. However, for your sanity as well as ours, this isn’t advised! Ideally, we would require around two weeks’ notice.
- Can I do my own packing?
- Will my move be insured?
Yes. We can provide a tailored insurance package for each individual move. Alternatively, you may wish to use your own household cover.
- Can you dispose of or recycle furniture?
Yes. We are licensed waste carriers and can dispose of unwanted items of furniture.
- What size are the vehicles?we have a fleet of vehicles ranging from 3.5 tonne Luton vans up to 12 & 18 tonne trucks. Our Luton vans hold approximately 700 cubic feet in volume. Our 12 tonne trucks hold approximately 1,500 cubic feet and our 18 tonne trucks hold 1,800 cubic feet. See our vehicles page.
- What are the quotes based on?
- Do you do European removals?
Yes, we carry out moves to France.
- Do you carry out International moves?
We don’t carry out international moves, but we can refer you onto one of our shipping partners.
- Can you move pianos?
We can move upright and grand pianos from ground floor to ground floor or to other floors if there is a lift available. For any piano move where there is a requirement to move up or down stairs, we work closely with one of the industry leading piano movers.
- Do you have access to a furniture hoist?
If your flat is on the top floor with no lift and a narrow staircase, moving large items in and out can be tricky and time consuming. It adds the risk of damaging the communal areas. We can provide a truck mounted external platform elavator, capable of lifting furniture up to the seventh floor.
- Do I need to organise parking?
If parking is difficult outside your property or is restricted to residents only, then you will need to let our team know when you contact us for a quote. If required we will organise a parking suspension to allow us to park our vehicles outside your property. This is included in our service. If you don’t let us know in advance about parking restrictions then any parking fines incurred will be added to your final bill.
- Do I need to pay the congestion charge?
Congestion Charge and ULEZ are included in your quote.
- How do I pay?
You can pay with any major credit or debit card, or by our new system called Gocardless. We can set up an automated payment using your bank account number and sort code. Please note, Gentleman & A Van Ltd is VAT registered so this cost will be added to your bill.